Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's happening

I can't believe how excited I am. I can't stop thinking about this recording I'm about to do.. every project is such an adventure.

I'm really looking forward to recording in a new studio with all the fancy gadgets and equipment and spending the amount of time needed to mix it. I have been in touch with the wonderful technician/engineer and he has given me some amazing quotes. The first one (quite a large chunk of time/work) was a bit of a shock, but we managed to keep talking and it looks like it is going to be very reasonable indeed. I think we should be able to get through things reasonably fast, as that's just the way I've always worked, but you never know!

We are going to book in for 3 hours in recording with piano/vocals, 3 hours of backing recordings and extra instruments, then they'll work 3 hours on mixing and give me the mastering for free. These are the minimum hours, I am expecting to be working a bit more than this and paying a bit more too!

I know it's not for a huge release or anything.. but the idea of having new recordings just makes me tingle all over.

I remember the first time I recorded my music professionally - I was so excited just to be able to have a recording of it.. and it came out so great. I can't wait for this project.. I just can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesomeness! I'm excited for you too.
I better go do my warm-up's now...