Tuesday, January 31, 2006

EP update

I contacted the studios today about organising a day or two to record the EP. I asked them quite a few questions, so hopefully someone gets back to me.

I think I've decided on 4 songs, 5 if I have the time. Believe in Me doesn't really need to be re-recorded, but I don't want it to sound different from the rest. I've grown up a lot musically and vocally since I was 17, and I think it would be great if I had a new version of the song.

I'll give you the song listing once I know the exact order. The cover is being designed as we speak.

I'm going to try and enlist a few musicians to beef up the sound a little. While it is essentially a demo, I'd like to have bass/guitar/possibly drumming on a few of the tracks, in particular on Hiding, as I think that'll be first and I'd like to open with a kick.

And of course Chris will be on backing vocals for me, won't you babe?

Now it's just about putting together the cashola and organising the dates. I'm excited, are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat, came across your site in my bookmarks and decided to have a look around.

An EP...wow! I very much look forward to hearing it.

PeterD
Drummer
plush