Monday, February 06, 2006

The process continues

So I lie awake most nights at the moment, planning things out. Last night I wrote up the possible songs with their pros and cons and what instruments they would need. I realised that in hiring a bassist, guitarist and drummer, that will make this EP a more expensive affair.

And then I remembered Andy and Stuart.

2004-2005 I was in a covers band called Plush. We performed at a wedding or two, mainly soft-rock hits - David Gray, Coldplay, etc. We disbanded after our drummer moved to Australia. Andy was the guitarist (and an amazing one at that), and Stu was the bassist.

So I'm asking these guys tonight. If they say yes, then I'll look at using them for the songs that need that extra punch. And then maybe I'll just need to hire a drummer.

I'm so smrt.

Other than that, I think I'm ready. I sat at the piano last night and played out a few songs - I'm still not definite on which ones I'm going to do. What I think I might do is record samples of all of the songs I'm thinking of, and make people listen to them. I will make the ultimate decision, but I'd like to have some input from ears that aren't my own.

xx

No comments: