Monday, February 13, 2006

Plans in motion

SO! I'm not much more organised than I was a week ago..

- I've asked Jeeves to be present at the sessions to document it for me, by video and camera.

- Chris is going to fill in some backing vocals, hopefully. I'll need to organise a rehearsal there.

- Andy is happy to be guitarist, but he's leaving the country in April, so it must be done in the next 6 weeks.

- I haven't booked anything further with the studios. I haven't even talked to the engineer again. I'm planning on emailing him again tonight to let him know that I am still interested and that I'll contact him in the next few weeks.

- I might ask Danny if he has any drummer friends who would lend their sound to it. But... part of me really wants to go through the studio for this as I would really like a decent job done. The beat really holds a piece together and a professional will get the quickest recording and best sound possible. Also, I'd only be paying per track, rather than per hour, so it's not too bad..

- I have a lot on my mind right now. I'm still struggling with what tracks to choose, and am planning to record all possibilities and go through them one by one, forcing my friends, acquaintances, family.. hell, even strangers to listen. I'll probably post a poll in my LJ and one here. Ultimately it has to be my decision, but I really need the input.

And after taking the step back for a week or so (not touching anything, I feel a bit more confident that I can sit back down and play and really listen to what is and isn't going to work.

This is no glamourous or easy job, folks. We artists are way too emotional, picky, self-critical and angsty. I just hope it all comes together.

No comments: