Thursday, March 09, 2006

And we're off

You know how they say when God closes a door, he opens a window?

The sudden postponements of the Australia/NZ/Japan/Hawaii U2 concerts has given me an open weekend - a weekend I thought I'd be flying to Melbourne on.

I am now hoping to record my EP on Friday 24th March. At the moment I am waiting on the studio and will have to iron out details on the drummer etc, at the studio.

Chris and I had our little song session last night, and it went quite well. We are currently decided on:

1. Hiding
2. Alive
3. Bright
4. Break Your Heart

Subject to change.

At the moment in addition to my piano/vocals on all tracks, we are having guitar/bass/bass drum on Hiding, bass and possible drums on Alive, bass/guitar/possible strings on Bright, and just my vocals/piano on Break Your Heart.

More news to come soon.

1. Find out dates for Auckland.
2. Sort out songs with Chris.
3. Organise a night to rehearse and arrange the chosen songs with Andy, Stu and Chris if he is free, otherwise organise a separate rehearsal with Chris.
4. Sort out a time when we're all free.
5. Beg work to let me have a(nother) day off.
6. Organise with STL what works for them.
7. Rehearse my own piano and vocals parts to confidence, but not overkill.
8. Book a 2nd? rehearsal with the boys to make sure things are smooth (and that we don't take too much of their time/STL's time/my $$ in the studio).
9. Book Rajeev for the studio day, if he is available, or at least the night part of the shoot. Otherwise Chris can possibly take photos?
10. Record record record.
11. Stick around for the mixing process, if possible.
12. Finish cover design, name the EP.
13. Organise with printers.
14. Organise masters and copies with STL.

xx
--K

No comments: