Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So close

Last night we hit the studio at 6, and started in on the mixing. Chris and I redid a few vocals. One of the vocals on the first chorus in Hiding was driving me crazy sounding like it was off-key, so I redid it. It's not perfect, but I don't know if I'm going to get it as perfect as my ear demands. I am hoping no one hears it as sharp and turns the CD off.

Chris' BVs sound great. I'm going to get him a shirt that says "Backing Vocals Superstar".

We started mixing a few of the tracks, tidying things up. TK says he'll have a draft mix CD (with errors still on it, just for tightening/notes) with me at some point tomorrow so that I can listen to it over the weekend at Taupo. I might put it on the iPod with my laptop. I am definitely taking the laptop up there. DVDs in bed, baby!

We listened to Break Your Heart in full and I am so so happy with it. I really don't think I could have recorded it any better - my vocals are raw and honest and hopefully they will induce some emotion. I want people to feel something.

The others sound great with the BVs and vocal overdubs we added last night. Tonight I am going to pack for Taupo and I'll leave after work tomorrow, not getting back til Tuesday afternoon.

Have a good weekend, everyone. I will post more news soon.

No comments: