Monday, August 05, 2013

Indiegogo update - 18 July

Hi friends!





 
Sorry for the delay in an update - hopefully most of you are following me on Facebook or Twitter, but if not, feel free to jump on that bandwagon. (The links will open up a new window so go ahead - I'll wait here).

What a summer it has been! and poor southern-hemispherers, I feel for you. Brrr.  At least you have sun at the end of the tunnel, right?

Progress
Well my engineer got sick, then I got sick, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so mixing edits have taken longer than planned/cost a bit more than budgeted. I've now heard the full album and am very pleased, with just a few very minor tweaks to be made next week.

What next?
The next step after the mixes are finalised will be to have the mixes mastered.  To find out more about this process, go here for the wiki.  But basically, 99% of all music that you listen to on a regular basis (unless you're listening to a lot of indie/basement-recorded music) has been mastered, and it's basically just optimising what you hear so that it sounds as good as it possibly can and is suitable for playback on all systems and on the radio.

Then what?
Well I'm having photos taken this month - I'm working with a few photographers for various materials and I'm hoping to have a great shot for the cover very soon.  Photos will then go to my designer who will put the album art together, and I'll also use photos to create the stickers and postcards I've promised some of you lucky pledgers.  The album will be duplicated and shrink wrapped (well then unwrapped and personally signed by me for the hard copy orders!) and printed all nice, and of course added to all of your favourite digital and streaming services.  Even if you're getting a digital or hard copy from me, you'll be able to stream it on Spotify if that's how you roll.

And when do I get it?
This is the tough part - I'm still not 100% sure.  As some of the steps in the process have taken longer than expected, it probably won't be July as estimated.  I'm sorry.  But as things are looking now, it will should definitely be August!

What about the exclusive bonus video?
This is still planned and I'm still working on how exactly to deliver it exclusively to the supporters of this campaign.  I'm not bothered if it gets out to everyone, obviously, I just want you guys to get it first!



Again, my many thanks for your support.  I can't wait to share it with you! Further updates to come ASAP.





xxx

No comments: