Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Operation Melody

From Friday the 1st of June I am launching a project where I write a song a week!

I will be writing a song, whether it is 30 seconds or 3 minutes long, whether it's amazing or sucks. It's a way to get me writing more, a way to correct my failings and a fun way for you all to take part - I need your input! Each week I will be asking for suggestions of:

a) Genre --and or--
b) Theme --and or--
c) "In the style of..."

So! You can suggest a Rock song. Or you can suggest a Rock song about monkeys. Or you can suggest a Rock song about monkeys that sounds like U2 might write it. Or just the monkeys. Or just the U2 influence. It's up to you!


Rules::

- I have to be able to sing it. SO I can't really accept Hiphop or Rap as a Genre.
- I will be picking at random. I may pick your genre, someone else's theme, and someone else's style, or just go with a style for the week that I think works.
- I appreciate your suggestions, but don't see this just as a push or challenge to me .. I of course am looking to push myself and encourage writing, but it might just be too hard for me to write a U2 Rock song about monkeys.

So go to it! email me at katmckenzie@gmail.com or comment here. First songwriting session begins Friday June 1st.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should do a song about traveling across america in a sparse sufjan stevens-ish piano/guitar/banjo style.

mindymiss said...

Reckon you'd be up for the style of Bjork?